Zirconia ceramic, also known as zirconium oxide (ZrO2), is a white crystalline oxide of zirconium. Its most naturally occurring form is the mineral baddeleyite with a monoclinic crystalline structure. There are three types of crystal structures of Zirconia: cubic crystal, b tetragonal and c monoclinic.
Zirconium oxide ceramics have the highest toughness and strength at room temperature of all the advanced ceramic materials. It also has high thermal expansion, low thermal conductivity and high resistance to corrosion.
Advanced Ceramic Materials is a leading supplier of ceramic materials. We offer zirconium oxide products of high purity and with competitive prices.
|Melting Point||2,715° C (4,919° F)|
|Boiling Point||4,300° C (7,772° F)|
|Hot expansion coefficient||9.5×10-6 /°C|
|Fracture toughness||8.0 MPa m½|
– Production of hard ceramics.
– Protective coating on particles of titanium dioxide pigments.
– Refractory material, in insulation, abrasives and enamels.
– Stabilized ZrO2 is used in oxygen sensors and fuel cell membranes.
– Solid electrolyte in electrochromic devices.
– Dental crowns, zirconia crowns.