Alumina, or aluminum oxide, with a molecular weight of 102, is the major source of aluminum in nature. Alumina has very high melting point, which is 2,072 °C and it is extremely hard. Alumina ceramic is the most common technical ceramic material and a relatively traditional material. High purity alumina ceramics as a fine ceramic material is widely used in a lot of industries. This material has superb performances in electrical insulation, high chemical resistance and low thermal expansion. Alumina tubes are used for industrial furnace and thermal couple protector. High purity alumina materials are excellent for making parts for CVD, ion implants, photolithography, and semiconductor parts. In traditional industries, alumina ceramics are ideal for products such as injector tubes, gas nozzles and insulators. Compared with metals, alumina ceramic material is extremely hard, making it an ideal material for abrasive, grinding media. Alumina mortars and pestles are widely used in laboratories for grinding hard materials.
Advanced Ceramic Materials (ACM) is a leading supplier of ceramic materials. We offer alumina products of high purity and with competitive price.
• Used for making parts for CVD, ion implants, photolithography, and semiconductor parts.
• In traditional industries, alumina ceramics are ideal for products such as injector tubes, gas nozzles, and insulators.
• Used as a material for industrial furnaces due to its ability to maintain its hardness at high temperatures.
• Used as a protector for high-temperature thermal couples.
• Used as a material for the chemical industry due to its high corrosion resistance.