Aluminum Silicate Description
Aluminium silicate refers to chemical compounds which are derived from aluminium oxide, Al2O3 and silicon dioxide, SiO2. The chemical formula of aluminum silicate is Al2SiO5, but aluminum silicate is often written as Al2O3·SiO2, because most silicates have very complex structures.
Aluminium silicate is used in the manufacture of glass, ceramics, paints, printing inks, rubber, and plastics.
Aluminum Silicate Common Constituent minerals
There are three common minerals composed of aluminum silicate, most of which are found in metamorphic rocks.
* Andalusite, belongs to the orthorhombic crystal system.
* Kyanite, belonging to the triclinic system
* Sillimanite, a variety of fine sillimanite, belongs to the orthorhombic crystal system.
The composition of these three ore is aluminum silicate, but their structure is different, so they are homogeneous and different crystals.
Aluminum Silicate Applications
1. Filler for glass, pottery, paint and paint;
2. An ideal substitute for titanium dioxide and high-quality kaolin in coatings;
3. Used to make heat-resistant, fire-proof, sound-proof and heat-insulating cotton, boards, tubes, etc.
4.Used as a filler for adhesives and sealants..
Your Aluminum Silicate Ceramics Supplier
Advanced Ceramic Materials is a leading supplier of aluminum silicate ceramic products of the highest quality for a wide range of applications. We are happy to provide advice on materials, design, and application. Feel free to contact us for any questions about aluminum silicate or other ceramic materials that are not listed on the website.