Aluminum nitride, AlN, is a white ceramic material which has a density of 3.26g/cm3. AlN was first synthesized in 1877, but it was not until the middle of the 1980s that its potential for application in microelectronics was realized. Due to its high thermal conductivity and great electrical insulation, aluminum nitride was used in microelectronic industries. Metallization methods are available to allow aluminum nitride to be used in electronics applications similar to those of alumina and beryllium oxide.
Compared with aluminum, which is the traditional technical ceramic material, aluminum nitride has better thermal conductivity and even higher hardness.
Advanced Ceramic Materials is a leading supplier of ceramic materials. We offer aluminum nitride products of high purity and with competitive price.
* Very high thermal conductivity (> 170 W/mK)
* High electrical insulation capacity (>1.1012Ωcm)
* Strength according to the double ring method >320 MPa (biaxial strength)
* Low thermal expansion 4 to 6×10-6K-1(between 20 and 1000°C)
* Good metallization capacity
* Dielectric layers in optical storage media；
* Electronic substrates, chip carriers where high thermal conductivity is essential；
* Military applications.