Aluminum nitride is a refractory compound ceramic material with a hexagonal wurtzite structure. Pure aluminum nitride has a blue-white color, and aluminum nitride ceramics are usually gray or white.
Common methods for preparing aluminum nitride include direct nitridation, carbothermal reduction, high-energy ball milling, high-temperature self-propagating synthesis, chemical vapor deposition, and the like.
Aluminum nitride ceramics are used in the microelectronics industry because of their high thermal conductivity and good electrical insulation properties, as well as low dielectric constant and dielectric loss.
Advanced Ceramic Materials is a leading supplier of AlN ceramic materials. We offer aluminum nitride products of high purity and with competitive price.
AlN ceramics have the following advantages:
* Very high thermal conductivity (> 170 W/mK)
* High electrical insulation capacity (>1.1012Ωcm)
* Strength according to the double ring method >320 MPa (biaxial strength)
* Low thermal expansion 4 to 6×10-6K-1(between 20 and 1000°C)
* Good metallization capacity
AlN ceramics have the following applications:
* Dielectric layers in optical storage media；
* Electronic substrates, chip carriers where high thermal conductivity is essential；
* Military applications.