|Melting Point||2973 °C|
|Density||2.1 g/cm3 (h-BN); 3.45 g/cm3 (c-BN)|
|Solubility in H2O||Insoluble|
|Refractive Index||1.8 (h-BN); 2.1 (c-BN)|
|Electrical Resistivity||13 to 15 10x Ω-m|
Boron nitride, or BN, is an advanced ceramic material available in solid and powder form. It has high heat capacity, outstanding thermal conductivity, easy machinability, lubricity, low dielectric constant and superior dielectric strengt. These properties make boron nitride a truly outstanding ceramic material and can be used in high temperature environment.
Boron nitride also referred to as white graphite. It is non-abrasive, white powder with a hexagonal platy crystal structure similar to graphite, but with a much higher oxidation resistance at 800ºC. Boron nitride ceramic powder has high thermal conductivity, low coefficient of friction, high dielectric constant and are chemically inert. Due to those unique properties, it is used in a broad range of applications ranging from electronics, aerospace, oil and gas, ceramic manufacturing and cosmetics.
– Low wetability to molten metal
– Relatively high thermal conductivity with low thermal expansion
– Relatively high thermal shock resistance
– Extremely high working temperature with proper inert gas protection (>3000C has been recorded).
Hexagonal boron nitride (HBN) powder can be used:
– In the fabrication and luminescence study of monolayered boron nitride quantum dots.
– Rare earth boron complexes.
– Boron nitride filled polybenzoxazine system as a thermally conducting molding components for electronic packaging applications.
– Boron containing ceramic products.
– As a starting material to form boron nitride nanotubes.
– To load silicone rubber and its consecutive effect on its thermal, mechanical and morphological properties was studied.
ACM’s products are carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our products in their original condition.
Advanced Ceramic Materials is a certified boron nitride powder supplier. Our BN products have high purity and our price is competitive. Send us an inqury.
Submit your review
Works great for coating bullets! I add a liberal scoop (1/2tsp) to a tumbler with about 3 lbs of zinc coated bbs and 100 230gr rifle bullets, tumble for 12 hours, and then buff the bullets in a tube sock. Perfect pearlescent coating evenly over the whole bullet.
Everything was packed into a box into 3 separate smaller boxes and in the 3 smaller boxes each set was then packed again into individual boxes. The largest shipping box had some shipping air cushions. Everything seemed OK. Good.