Beryllium Oxide Heat Sinks Description
Beryllium oxide heat sinks are made of high-purity beryllium oxide ceramics. Beryllium oxide, or beryllia, is the best ceramic thermal conductor and competes with the most conductive metals, and its electrical isolation is equivalent to that of alumina and the best electrical insulators. BeO heat sinks possess a unique combination of thermal, dielectric, and mechanical properties, and they are highly desirable in electronic applications.
Beryllium Oxide Heat Sinks Specifications
Beryllium Oxide Heat Sinks Applications
- * Beryllium oxide ceramic is the ideal material used in many high-performance semiconductor parts for applications such as radio equipment.
- * Beryllium oxide ceramic heat sinks can insulate electronic devices electrically, and at the same time remove substantial quantities of heat from them to a chassis heat sink.
- * Beryllium oxide ceramic is used as a filler in some thermal interface materials such as thermal grease.
- * Some power semiconductor devices have used beryllium oxide ceramic between the silicon chip and the metal mounting base of the package in order to achieve a lower value of thermal resistance than for a similar construction made with alumina.
- * Beryllium oxide ceramic is also used as a structural ceramic for high-performance microwave devices, vacuum tubes, magnetrons, and gas lasers.
Beryllium Oxide Heat Sinks Packaging
Our Beryllium Oxide Heat Sinks are carefully handled during storage and transportation to preserve the quality of our product in its original condition.