Boron Nitride Ring Properties
||2.1 g/cm3 (h-BN); 3.45 g/cm3 (c-BN)
|Solubility in H2O
||1.8 (h-BN); 2.1 (c-BN)
||13 to 15 10x Ω-m
Download Boron Nitride Ring SDS
Boron Nitride Ring Description
Boron nitride, also known as BN, Hexagonal boron nitride (H-BN) and hot-pressed boron nitride, is a good self-lubricate ceramic that can withstand high temperature and maintain its lubricating capability in high vacuum environment. Our Boron Nitride crucibles are made from hot-pressed boron nitride blank. Hexagonal boron nitride (H-BN) behaves similarly to graphite mechanically, but offers excellent electrical resistance.
Boron Nitride Ring Advantages
– Low wetability to molten metal
– Relatively high thermal conductivity with low thermal expansion
– Relatively high thermal shock resistance
– Extremely high working temperature with proper inert gas protection (>3000C has been recorded).
Boron Nitride Ring Applications
Boron Nitride ceramics from Advanced Ceramic Materials can withstand high temperature in a high vacuum environment, plus it has excellent corrosion resistance and electrical resistance. Thus, Boron Nitride ceramic product is an ideal choice in a wide range of industries, such as:
– Used in nozzles for nonferrous metals metallurgy industry
– Used in insulators for high temperature furnace
– Used as break rings for horizontal casting machine
– Used to feed through for high voltage equipment
– Used in Boron Nitride parts for ion injection equipment
Boron Nitride Ring Available Materials
||Hot pressed at high temperature (1900℃).
Excellent corrosion resistance and thermal conductivity. Limited wear resistance
Self-bonded and high purity(>99%)
||General purpose material
Bonded by boric oxide
||Calcium borate bonded boron nitride
Enhanced moisture resistance
||BN 60%, SiO2 40%
||BN 40%, SiO2 60%
||BN-45%, Zr2O3 45%
Specifications of BN99 and ZSBN for your reference!
ACM’s Hot Pressed Boron Nitride Ring is carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our products in their original condition.